I cannot believe that December is already here. Oh my, how quickly time slips by! That’s why every Friday on the blog I like to put together a list of things that I am learning to help me “take note” of how God is working in my life.
Here in no particular order are 10 things I’ve learned lately:
1. This month, my parents celebrated 48 years of marriage, and my grandparents celebrated 68 years. That’s a lot of years people. My grandfather says that secret to a good marriage is to treat your spouse with respect.
2. I love old family photos. Don’t you? I need to be more intentional about taking pictures of my family because time slips by so quickly. Here’s a little “Throwback Thursday” action with my adorable abuelos. My grandparents still look amazing, right?
4. Paula Deen’s corn casserole is always a huge hit at the office Potluck. I love this easy peasy recipe!
5. I have been counting down the days until Thanksgiving because that is the day that we put up our tree and pull out the Christmas CD’s. My new favorite Christmas CD is Peace on Earth by Casting Crowns.
6. I am a huge fan of Amazon Prime. Free two-day shipping has rocked my world. — Imagine my surprise when I learned about Amazon Smile. Order anything and a percentage goes to the charity of my choice. Love it!
7. Do you follow She Reads Truth? They offer great Bible reading plans for women, and their devotionals are AMAZING. On Wednesday, they shared a verse that really encouraged me:
“If your heart is broken,
you’ll find God right there;
if you’re kicked in the gut,
He’ll help you catch your breath.”
Psalm 34:18, MSG
8. I recently discovered this awesome song and had to share it with you. Love the last line of the lyrics: “When nobody stands, stand on your own…”
9. If I spend time with women who are passionate about the Great Commission, then my passion for Him ignites. I am so honored to be a Contributor for Missional Women. Have you heard about the upcoming Missional Women Conference? Early Bird tickets go on sale on Black Friday.