What a crazy month this has been! God is stretching me and teaching me so much through some “fiery situations.” I want to be intentional about remembering the lessons learned during this season. That’s why I put these weekly Top 10 posts together.
Here in no particular order are 10 things I learned this week:
1. A rat can crawl up into your car and eat away at some belt that controls the power steering on your car. This may or may not be spiritual warfare, but probably is if your step-son calls five minutes earlier to say that he is having car problems, too. And then, your husband plugs a piece of equipment into the wall and almost starts a fire.
2. Sometimes the best therapy is to pull out an old CD for a road trip and sing off-key karaoke at the top of your lungs. (Thank you, Jeremy Camp. Your album Restored has helped restore me.)
3. Michelle reminded me that “A holy endorsement is the only one you’ll ever need.”
4. On a similar note: “Here’s the lie: that our worth as humans is dependent on what any other human says, does or thinks.” (Thank you, Melanie, for pointing me to this “spot on” article by Sam Ponder titled “Examining Truth and Twitter.”)
5. My new daily prayer: “Lord, keep my loved one who needs you so desperately.” — Thank you, Leila, for sharing your story and showing me how to pray.
6. Favorite Pinterest Pin this week: 12 Days of Love Notes (a great Christmas idea from Dating Divas)
7. I just completed a study of Ephesians with an amazing group of women as part of the Hello Mornings Challenge. In studying the armor, I read David Guzik’s commentary on Ephesians 6 on Blue Letter Bible, and he provided an eye-opening explanation of “demanding moments” in spiritual warfare
- – A flood of depression or discouragement, feeling like a black cloud.
- – When a relatively insignificant thing gets blown way out of proportion.
- – An opportunity to speak with someone about what Jesus did for you.
- – Opposition against a sense that God wants you to do something, to follow through on something.
- – A sense of panic and helplessness.
8. I want to be a “dangerous woman.” Thank you Lynne Hybels for sharing this prayer creed on your website:
Dear God, please make us dangerous women.
May we be women who acknowledge our power to change, and grow,
and be radically alive for God.
May we be healers of wounds and righters of wrongs.
May we weep with those who weep and speak for those who cannot
speak for themselves.
May we cherish children, embrace the elderly, and empower the poor.
May we pray deeply and teach wisely.
May we be strong and gentle leaders.
May we sing songs of joy and talk down fear.
May we never hesitate to let passion push us, conviction compel us,
and righteous anger energize us.
May we strike fear into all that is unjust and evil in the world.
May we dismantle abusive systems and silence lies with truth.
May we shine like stars in a darkened generation.
May we overflow with goodness
in the name of God and by the power of Jesus.
And in that name and by that power, may we change the world.
Dear God, please make us dangerous women. Amen.
9. I am beautiful. I am meant for so much more than all of this. I am treasured. I am sacred. I am His. (Thank you, Mercy Me and Patty for reminding me.)
10. Kid President made me smile and shared some wisdom in his VLOG “20 Nice Things We Should Say More Often” :
Q4U: What have you learned lately? I would love to hear about it.
Thanks for stopping by! I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
I am joining Jesse and friends this weekend for