A while back, I decided that each Friday on the blog I would share what I am learning in the form of a top 10 list.
And then, life decided to get a little crazy.
So, I am just a tad bit behind.
Actually, I am three months behind.
Oops! How did that happen?
Obviously, I have some catching up to do.
Here in no particular order are 10 things I have learned over the last 12 weeks:
1. A home-cooked meal during a stressful week can be a game changer and help lighten the mood. I suggest you pull out your crock pot and try Carolina Hot Pot. (I added an extra jar of mild salsa at the end to cut the heat a bit.)
2. A two-week vacation away from internet and cell phones will refresh your spirit (until you get back to civilization and discover that you have 300 e-mails). We had a wonderful time in Alaska.
3. Beth Moore reminded me that these “4 words resound in your mind, leap from your mouth, and strengthen your step this day” — THE LORD JESUS CHRIST. Name the name.
4. Writing a blog post every day for 31 days is not an impossible task. (Remind me to send The Nester a thank you card.)
5. Pinterest is packed full of fun ideas for Thanksgiving.
6. Biggest take-away about relationships from Beth Moore’s Sacred Secrets study:
- Authenticity with All
- Transparency with Most
- Intimacy with Some
7. Kevin DeYoung taught me a new framework for praying using Scripture — The 3R’s.
8. Praise and worship is a great prescription for a heavy heart.
9. I am clinging to this truth:
“And The Lord is faithful,
and He will strengthen
and protect you from the evil one”
(II Thessalonians 3:3, NASB).
10. Cowboys make great theologians. I snapped a picture of this sign when we had dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse earlier this week:
Q4U: What have you learned lately? I would love to hear about it.
Thanks for stopping by! I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
I am joining Jesse and friends this weekend for