I’m in the waiting room right now. I don’t mean a literal waiting room at the doctor’s office, but a figurative one where I am watching and praying and hoping. Waiting is never easy.
Some of the best lessons are learned in the waiting room. These weekly posts help me to remember what God is teaching me as I keep moving forward in faith. As I wait, God is strengthening me for what lies ahead.
Here in no particular order are 10 things I learned this week:
1. “When friends need you, sometimes, you have to get out of the boat, and together fight against the swirling waters of the unknown and the dark shadows lurking beneath.” (Thank you for this reminder, Dina.)
2. Lisa at Lisa’s Notes reminded me that “I stink.”
4. “There is a fine line between confiding and venting.” Ashleigh from Ungrind shares much wisdom in her Guest Post for Start Marriage Right. The title of her post, “The Fix-It Man and His Wife,” grabbed me because it could easily be the title for my memoir. Her husband and mine sound like twins.
Side Note: Start Marriage Right is a great web site for singles, engaged couples, and both newly wedded and veteran married folk. I am honored to be a regular contributor. Head on over here to check out my posts.
6. Devotional quote of the week:
“Knowing His name meansunderstanding, declaring, proclaiming, and confessingwho God is and what He does.It means discovering more and moreof the grandeur, the glory,and the unshakable foundation of His character.As we know His name, trust Him more fully,and search for Him more diligently,oppression and trouble lose their effectiveness.The Lord is our shelter and refuge.He has never abandoned anyone who has sought Him,and He will never abandon us!”Cheri Fuller on Psalms 9:9-10 in…
7. Tip to the Married Gals who are Twitter Chicks: Follow Kat Lee for daily prayer prompt tweets for your husband like this one:
“Prayer for your husband: Past “God, renew his mind. Replace yesterdays regrets with today’s faith.” Eph 4:23-24 Rev 21:5 #hellomornings ”
— Kat Lee (@inspired2action) July 12, 2013
8. This week, Anne at Modern Mrs. Darcy shared 35 things she’s learned in honor of her 35th birthday. (Happy Birthday, Anne!) I must “Amen” her # 17:
“When you have no idea what to say to someone who’s hurting,just say something,and say it from the heart.Saying nothing hurts more than saying the wrong thing.”…
9. I need to be more intentional about “giving back.” I love these great ideas by Lisa at About Proximity.
“And there is so much learning in the waiting.
We learn patience and long-suffering and tolerance when we wait.
We learn forgiveness and self-awareness
and we learn how to slow down.
When we wait it is one more example that life is
a journey to be walked through not a destination to be won.”
Q4U: What did you learn this week?