Exactly 364 days ago, I ended up in the ER. A surgeon was called to remove my sickly gall bladder. Tomorrow, in honor of this occasion my husband is having his gall bladder out. (Apparently, God has an incredible sense of humor.) Timing is everything… and God has perfect timing. He is teaching me and stretching me through this experience. I am learning much. I pray He doesn’t keep us in the hospital school room for long. In the meantime, here in no particular order are 10 things I learned this week:
1. I love the symbol of the butterfly. It reminds me that God is transforming my life. Eileen at The Scenic Route grabbed my attention with her post “The Broken Butterfly.” She reminded me that God loves broken people, and I should, too.
2. Mia at His Loving Embrace shares her story about freedom from captivity. I love a good redemption story! He redeems all — I must never forget.
3. Last year, after surgery, I struggled with depression. I am so thankful for those friends who battled for me and helped point me toward healing. So, I am passionate about helping others who struggle. You are not alone. There is a great deal of misunderstanding about the subject, and I love how Shaun Groves clarifies the difference between sadness and depression. Depression is not just being too sad. Please read Shaun’s explanation. Like me, he has lived this story.
4. I am so honored to be a monthly contributor for Moody’s Start Marriage Right. They provide a wealth of helpful information for couples. I love the advice in this post by Ryan and Heather. We all need to “come clean.”
5. Sarah Mae is a blogging ninja. This year, she published a great book for young moms with Sally Clarkson. Her post this week was also on parenting, but I was so convicted by it personally — I needed to read this.
6. Steph at Everyday Awe challenged me to “examine my limits” in this post. I realize sometimes I push the envelope, and I like it. This is not a good thing.
7. There is strength in sisterhood. Don’t believe me? Read this beautiful post by Ann for (in) courage.
8. Here is a big “AMEN” to Ann’s post: Alicia at the Overflow encourages us to open our eyes and see the beauty of all the sisters around us.
9. Jody at Three Way Light shares how “one person touched by love over a cup of coffee can change the world.” She made me a believer!
10. Have you ever had an awkward moment where the Spirit tells you to talk to a total stranger? You know, that nudge you get to “be Jesus” to a person you normally would never talk to. I so related to Michelle’s story. I am praying I will be braver…I am praying I will stop.
Q4U: What did you learn this week?