Easter is my favorite time of year. I live in South Florida, and our church has a sunrise service each year under blue skies. I can’t wait!
Here are some of my favorite “Easter reads” and “Easter tunes” that God has filled my heart with this week:
1. Jennifer shares about “When You Need a Rescue.” I love a good God story!
2. Sarah pens her thoughts on “Love Thursday.” Does your church do a Maundy Thursday service?
3. I love this quote graphic that Kristen shared of a John Piper quote about Easter. Very “pinnable” if you are into that Pinterest thing…
5. As an English teacher, this post grabbed me right away. Jean Wise at “Healthy Spirituality” creates a portrait in her post “The Verbs of Maundy Thursday and Good Friday.”
6. Andrea at “Under Grace and Over Coffee” put together a three-part series on “To Know Him” that captures the heart of God.
7. My favorite new song that I discovered for Easter this year is “Jesus, You Have Won Me” by Bethel Worship.
Grace, you've shown me grace You've lifted my shame Drawn me with loving kindness Washed whiter than snow You have redeemed and made me whole Jesus, You have won me You have broken every chain With love and mercy You have triumphed over death And you are worthy Of glory and praise
8. Have you heard “Cornerstone” by Hillsong Live? Great song! It’s a classic hymn made new.
9. Our church worship team introduced us to “Christ is Risen” by Matt Maher this year. The lyrics are powerful.
Beneath the weight of all our sin
You bow to none but heavens will
No scheme of hell, no scoffer’s crown
No burden great can hold you down
In strength you reign
Forever let your church proclaim
Christ is risen from the dead
Trampling over death by death
Come awake, come awake!
Come and rise up from the grave
10. This song by Gateway Worship says it all. So glad our church is singing “God Be Praised” this week. Love it!
You saved my life from death
When I was all defeated
You spoke Your promises
And brought life to my weakness
Came as a conquering King
And You warred for my freedom
My soul can’t help but sing
Q4U: What have you learned this week?
Thanks for stopping by! I pray you have a glorious Easter. He is Risen. Hallelujah!