I was over at Emily’s blog today, and her fun post gave me great idea for a weekly series here on my little spot on the web. So, without further adieu, here are 10 things I learned this week in no particular order.
- “Center” by Charlie Hall on “Passion: Everything Glorious.” (We used this song in our wedding for Communion and lighting the unity candle.)
- “You Never Let Go” by Matt Redman on “Passion: Everything Glorious.”
- “Jesus Paid it All” by Kristan Stanfill on “Passion: Everything Glorious.” (Can you tell I love this album?)
- “When I Think About the Lord” by Shane and Shane on Carry Away
- “One Thing Remains” by Jesus Culture
3. Lisa Harper’s Malachi Study is a great excuse to get together with the girls on a Thursday night. (Girl time is the best time!)
5. Favorite quote of the week is also from Foster’s amazing, life-changing book Prayer:
“Jesus needed frequent retreat and solitude to do His work.
Yet we somehow think we can do without what He deemed essential.”
6. Chips and salsa shared with your hubby on a Tuesday night will make the world a better place. (Date night is so important. I wrote a piece about “Keeping Company” with my man over here. Here is my Pinterest board with date night ideas.)
7. A gel manicure will last 3 weeks. (Amazing!)
8. Apparently, March 1st is a day to celebrate. It is National Pig Day. I also learned that the 1st of every month is “Bunny Bunny Day” or to some “Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Day.” (Thank you, Michelle for your tweet that lead me to research this phenomenon.)
8. The most thought-provoking idea learned I heard this week was at church when Pastor Bob said: “You are invincible until the day He calls you home.” (See Proverbs 28:1) — My pastor is preaching through Daniel, and this week we were in the lion’s den. Go here if you want to see the entire sermon. It was a good word.
10. I found the perfect sign that captures my theology on laundry. Check it out here.
Q4U: What did you learn this week?