My husband is a hard-working business owner. His nickname for the company is “3D,” as in three-dimensional. The dictionary explains that the third dimension implies being full of life and depth. Daily, as a “3D wife,” I am still learning about how to be a purposeful Helper to my Mr. 3D man.
This week, I discovered a woman of depth and substance who provided some insight. In Acts 18, Priscilla fleshed out her walk with God by meaningfully choosing to support her husband. Her life centered on her ministry and her marriage — the two seem synonymous. The church actually met in their home. Aquilla, her 3D husband, worked as a tent maker, but his heart obviously beat passionately for Christ. Her graceful spirit provided a striking portrait of a 3D wife who:
- complements her man’s work efforts by coming alongside him as needed.
- capitalizes on her husband’s strengths and frees him to be the man God created him to be.
- creates a home environment that is warm and inviting to others in his circle of influence
- couples with her husband to teach others about Christ and encourage them in their walk
- cultivates close friendships with others in ministry
- cares about causes that her husband is passionate about and gets her hands dirty working hard beside him
- considers her husband her first priority — where He goes, she follows
A 3D wife understands that her faith is fleshed out as she makes her marriage her ministry. Proverbs 31 challenges:
27 She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
29 “Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all.”
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
31 Honor her for all that her hands have done,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.
In Romans 16, Paul recognizes Priscilla and Aquilla, calling them his “co-workers in Christ” who had risked their very lives for Him. What a testimony! Do you know a 3D wife? Feel free to share her story below and recognize her worth.